in everything we do.
The Chicago Field Museum
The Field Museum, located in Chicago, crafts groundbreaking exhibitions that capture the imagination for science that’s fun. Its collection of natural wonders and cultural artifacts has grown to 40 million items since it first opened in 1894.
- Create configurable assets that define exhibit space, encourage visitor flow and tell the story of this expedition.
- Produce backdrops that highlight four dinosaur specimens, based on artists’ landscapes, from 255 million years ago.
- Develop interactive display spaces for visitors to view video/photos and experience different aspects of this research expedition.
- Fabricate deliverables, using a five-week agile process, to meet Press/Public Opening schedules and future touring requirements.
- Set communication strategy to foster smooth information flow during aggressive production calendar.
- Develop and align best build strategy and materials with budget, production timeline and future exhibit location requirements.
- Modify display dimensions to optimize available space and visitor experience.
- Tune color and brightness of exhibit graphics to account for various light sources within each area of the exhibit.
- Design and produce custom connectors to secure graphics to interactive kiosks.
- Sequence engineering, graphic production, fabrication and installation based on The Field’s space and plan.
Thirty exhibit assets that create six interactive display areas.
- Seven, configurable curved walls, with graphics on both sides, that divide the space and communicate different aspects of the expedition.
- Seven metal cages housing interactive exhibits so visitors can experience the excavation.
- Five tent structures which move visitors through each segment of the exhibit.
- Five, configurable curved walls that frame large format photos of the expedition.
- Two, curved and tapered, perimeter-lit light boxes and one configurable wall that create dramatic backdrops for four new dinosaur species.
- Two elliptical projection screens for video.
- One square, perimeter-lit light box with a contrasting view of Antarctica today.